Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Bruno Wassermann <BR...@il.ibm.com> on 2015/08/04 09:59:57 UTC

General Availability of dynamic reconfiguration

Hi,

I am quite interested in the dynamic reconfiguration feature of ZooKeeper.
Is there a version of ZooKeeper that contains this feature and that could
considered as appropriate for a production deployment? Is it crazy to use
3.5.1 in a production deployment?

Thanks,

-- Bruno

Bruno Wassermann, PhD
Research Staff Member
Cloud Middleware Group
IBM Research - Haifa
Office: +972-4-829-6414
E-mail: brunow@il.ibm.com

Re: General Availability of dynamic reconfiguration

Posted by Bruno Wassermann <BR...@il.ibm.com>.
Hi Flavio,

Thank you for your reply.

I have some experience with running 3.4.6 in production, but do not
necessarily feel that I am an expert at running it in virtualised
environments and I am certainly not intimately familiar with its code,
yet.

I will try to see, if I can get a 'good' level of testing done on 3.5.1 in
the time I have and I would be very happy to contribute anything I learn
to the community.

-- Bruno

Bruno Wassermann, PhD
Research Staff Member
Cloud Middleware Group
IBM Research - Haifa
Office: +972-4-829-6414

From:   Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>
To:     user@zookeeper.apache.org
Date:   08/04/2015 11:36 AM
Subject:        Re: General Availability of dynamic reconfiguration

Hi Bruno,

I think others in this list have been brave enough and have been using it
in production, so my sense is that it isn't totally crazy. That said, if
you don't have much experience with ZK and possibly with the code, I'd say
that it is best if you wait until we remove the alpha tag for the 3.5
branch or at least until you are comfortable enough with ZK.

We would also really appreciate help with making sure the branch is
stable.

-Flavio

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
Hi Bruno,