Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Jon Wikne <wi...@lynx.uio.no> on 1998/10/02 22:03:11 UTC

mod_auth-any/3124: AuthName does not work anymore - appears as "unknown".

>Number:         3124
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       AuthName does not work anymore - appears as "unknown".
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
After upgrading from 1.3b3 to 1.3.2 the directive AuthName for use with
password restricted access ceased to work.

I noticed there is now a demand for quotes when using multiple word
AuthName. However, I use a single word, and whether quoted or not
the corresponding field appears as "unknown" in the password dialog
box.

This is the case for several directories with different .htaccess
files and require directives, that all used to work.

The authorization process itself seems to work properly, however.
http://cheetah.uio.no/lynx/nancy/pw/csg/