Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "anton.mithun" <mi...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/08 04:45:51 UTC

Artemis - cluster reconnection

Hi,
I have implemented a cluster of two servers using udp discovery.
udp://231.7.7.7:9876?ha=true&retryInterval=1000&retryIntervalMultiplier=1.0&reconnectAttempts=-1
with one master and the other slave.

and also ran application with only one broker (no cluster)
tcp://localhost:61616?ha=true&retryInterval=1000&retryIntervalMultiplier=1.0&reconnectAttempts=-1

reconnection/failover only happens when having only one server. It doesn't
happen in a master-slave structure(former case).
When slave goes down, the slave will take over. And when the master is up
again, the failover will occur. But when both master and slave are down, it
tries to reconnect i suppose. But reconnection never happens even if two
servers are back.
is it like there is no reconnection strategy in master-slave cluster
enviroment?do we just have to restart the client after restarting the two
servers? or is it something wrong with my broker conf?

Re: Artemis - cluster reconnection

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.com>.
I didn't really understand your original use-case, but what you're saying about replication masters and slaves is true.  A replicated slave will not start without being able to contact its master since it doesn't know if it has up-to-date data.  This is noted in the documentation [1].

Justin

[1] http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/1.3.0/ha.html (see the "Data Replication" section)