Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Joan Protasio <jp...@caos.uab.es> on 2009/10/01 09:52:18 UTC

hadoop plugin eclipse linux, connection refused

Dear all,

I'm currently working with hadoop and paradigm map/reduce and I'm having
some problems working with the plugin of eclipse.

The SW versions which I'm working are:

.jdk : jdk1.6.0_16

.eclipse: Galileo 3.5, I also have tried with ganymede and I have had the
same  problem.

.hadoop-0.19.1-eclipse-plugin.jar, the plugin for eclipse.

>From the terminal I can't work perfectly with the version hadoop-0.18.3 and
I have launched successfully the example of word count. But I don't know if
both of them (hadoop terminal and hadoop eclipse) must be of the same number
version.

My hadoop-site.xml looks:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<property>
  <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
  <value>/tmp/hadoop-${user.name}</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>fs.default.name</name>
  <value>hdfs://localhost:54310</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
  <value>localhost:54311</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>dfs.replication</name>
  <value>8</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>mapred.child.java.opts</name>
  <value>-Xmx512m</value>
</property>
</configuration>

In the tag of map/reduce locations of the plugin of eclipse when I configure
the ports number 54310 and 54311 I have an exception which says :

Error: call to localhost/127.0.0.1:54311 failed on connection exception:
java...connection refused

If I try to put other ports number like 9001 and 9000 the error is diferent
and it says:

Error: DFS browser expects a DIstributedFileSystem

please any help will be wellcome.

Joan