Posted to user@struts.apache.org by James Childers <jc...@hotels.com> on 2004/08/30 19:50:54 UTC

in action mapping: working?

Hi all,

We are attempting to use the set-property element of an action mapping definition to provide for some custom functionality, but this doesn't seem to be working as advertised. We used this succesfully in a 1.0 app, but now that we are using 1.1 things don't appear to be working.

struts-config:

	<action path="/golfswitchbooking/"
	    type="com.hotels.control.GolfSwitchBookingController"
	    name="golfSwitchBookingRequest"
	    validate="false"
	    input="/golfswitch/bookingform.jsp"
	    scope="request" >
	    <set-property property="oas" value="true" />
	</action>

Our custom ActionMapping extends from the appropriate class, and has a setOas(boolean b) and isOas() method; the setSecure method doesn't appear to ever be called, either on app startup or when the mapping is requested for the first time. Everything BUT the <set-parameter.../> element is working just fine.

Is this still supported in Struts 1.1? The DTD says it is, but I haven't been able to get it to work as yet, and in fact the documentation turns up very little on this. Is this perhaps unsupported?

-= J

Re: in action mapping: working?

Posted by Brett Connor <br...@spamcop.net>.
I don't know specifically about what you're trying to do, but one thing
that jumps off the page at me is the setOas(boolean) and isOas() pair;
IIRC this is not strictly to the bean spec. I may be wrong but I think
this is the case, certainly tool / framework support for this convension
is not universal, it would explain your symptoms, and BeanUtils is
something that is likely to have changed between 1.0 and 1.1. Try
changing isOas() to getOas() and see if that helps.

Brett Connor