Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/24 17:48:22 UTC

[PROPOSAL] AlchemyAPI Annotator

Hi all,
I've developed a set of UIMA components (analysis engines) wrapping
AlchemyAPI [1] webservices provided by Orchestr8 [2] I'd like to donate and
include in the Sandbox.
These services are something similar to the OpenCalais ones and include:

   - Entity extraction
   - Text categorization
   - Language detection
   - Keyword extraction
   - Text extraction
   - Content scraping
   - Microformats extraction
   - RSS/Atom extraction

You can find the code under Google Code at [3].
I hope it can be useful.
Cheers,
Tommaso

P.S.:
Note (just like OpenCalais) that to be able to use these webservices you
need a subscription key.

[1] : http://www.alchemyapi.com
[2] : http://www.orch8.net/
[3] : http://code.google.com/p/alchemy-annotator/

Re: [PROPOSAL] AlchemyAPI Annotator

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Tommaso Teofili wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've developed a set of UIMA components (analysis engines) wrapping
> AlchemyAPI [1] webservices provided by Orchestr8 [2] I'd like to donate and
> include in the Sandbox.

+1 sounds interesting,
Jörn

Re: [PROPOSAL] AlchemyAPI Annotator

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jukka,
I will start importing the code.
Cheers.
Tommaso

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Dear Secretary of ASF,

Can you please acknowledge receipt and recording of the referenced
Software Grant?  This was sent in by Tommaso Teofili, and covers the
submission AlchemyAPI Annotator.

Do you need additional information to track this?

Thanks. -Marshall Schor

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Sure,

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot, Marshall!

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thilo,

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
2010/1/26 Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>

> Presumably you are finding this useful?

Yes I do :-)

> If the answer is yes, +1!
>
> Eddie

Cheers,
Tommaso

Re: [PROPOSAL] AlchemyAPI Annotator

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Presumably you are finding this useful?
If the answer is yes, +1!

Eddie

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Tommaso Teofili wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've developed a set of UIMA components (analysis engines) wrapping
> AlchemyAPI [1] webservices provided by Orchestr8 [2] I'd like to donate and
> include in the Sandbox.

+1.  Looks like it could be of interest to the community.  -Marshall