Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by David Thibault <da...@itstrategypartners.com> on 2008/01/17 03:31:28 UTC

Logging in Solr

All,
I'm new to Solr and Tomcat and I'm trying to track down some odd errors.
 How do I set up Tomcat to do fine-grained Solr-specific logging?  I have
looked around enough to know that it should be possible to do per-webapp
logging in Tomcat 5.5, but the details are hard to follow for a newbie.  Any

Best,
Dave

Re: Logging in Solr

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I'm new to Solr and Tomcat and I'm trying to track down some odd errors.
:  How do I set up Tomcat to do fine-grained Solr-specific logging?  I have
: looked around enough to know that it should be possible to do per-webapp
: logging in Tomcat 5.5, but the details are hard to follow for a newbie.  Any
: suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Did you read the "java.util.logging" section of the tomcat logging docs?
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/logging.html

Also: if you just need some short term fine level logging from
Solr the "Logging" link on the admin screen will let you change the
logging level temporarily (ie: untill you change it back or until the
server restarts)

-Hoss