Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by jc...@sasktel.net on 2018/07/12 15:11:59 UTC

Open Office Impress

Hello

This is my first try at making a slide presentation in Open Office Impress.

1.  I would like to send a link out in an e-mail for my slide presentation - where do I find the link to use for this?

2.  Are the slides sized automatically to fit on a mobile phone or can that be done?

3.  Also, can I use background pictures in my slides and will they present properly and look nice on a mobile phone?

Thank you very much

Janis R./Canada

Re: Open Office Impress

Posted by Howard Blum <ho...@gmail.com>.
Place the file in the public folder of Dropbox.

Once in there you should be able to copy the location address. Their
instructions are:

The Public folder lets you easily share single files in your Dropbox. Any
file you put in this folder gets its own Internet link that you can share
with others -- even non-Dropbox users!

Step 1:  Drop a file into the Public folder.

Step 2:  Right-click this file, then choose Dropbox > Copy Public Link.
This copies an Internet link to your file that you can paste anywhere:
emails, instant messages, blogs, etc.

That's it! To share your file, just send the link to a friend.

Happy Dropboxing!
- The Dropbox Team

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 1:08 PM, <jc...@sasktel.net> wrote:

> Hello
>

> Thank you both for your replies - I have Dropbox, so figured how to save
> into dropbox, but don't know how to get the link from there???
>
> As it is a slideshow will it start up from the link....can I record some
> information to go with each slide?
>
> Also, how does this work with a mobile phone - would pictures show or look
> terrible - and is each slide formated to fit on the phone screen?
>

> Thank you kindly
>
> Janis R.
>
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 11:18:03 -0700, Howard Blum <ho...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I also use the "public folder" in Dropbox for easily sharing files with
> others. I also use Drive, but prefer Dropbox for file sharing.
>
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2018, 11:15 AM Matthias Seidel <matthias.seidel@hamburg.de
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Janis,
> >
> > Am 12.07.2018 um 17:11 schrieb jcreese@sasktel.net:
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > This is my first try at making a slide presentation in Open Office
> > Impress.
> > >
> > > 1. I would like to send a link out in an e-mail for my slide
> > presentation - where do I find the link to use for this?
> >
> > If you want to send out a link you must have the presentation at some
> > place that is accessible for the addressee.
> >
> > I would use Google Drive, upload the presentation, make it accessible
> > and send the link:
> >
> > https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1a4llxGm-wX1-
> D3x4PDjey10l-xxgdHSb_tQkQmIpbHk/edit?usp=sharing
> >
> > You should be able to open this link in a browser on your PC or with
> > your smartphone (Google apps must be installed) and start the
> presentation.
> >
> > If that is what you are looking for, I can give you further details.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Matthias
> >

> > > 2. Are the slides sized automatically to fit on a mobile phone or can
> > that be done?
> > >
> > > 3. Also, can I use background pictures in my slides and will
> > they present properly and look nice on a mobile phone?
> > >
> > > Thank you very much
> > >
> > > Janis R./Canada

Howard Blum
Pro Mobile Notary
PO Box 834
Novato, CA 94948
415-898-4130
http://pro-mobile-notary.com

Re: Open Office Impress

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Am 12.07.2018 um 22:08 schrieb jcreese@sasktel.net:

> Hello
>

> Thank you both for your replies - I have Dropbox, so figured how to
> save into dropbox, but don't know how to get the link from there???

Hi Janis,

Do you use dropbox on your PC? You should get the link by right clicking
on the file, then choose "Dropbox", then "Copy public link"
You can paste that link into your mail.

> As it is a slideshow will it start up from the link....can I record
> some information to go with each slide?

If you want to start it from within Dropbox on the phone, it asks you to
install an app for it, mostly "Google Presentation"
With this app, you can start the presentation and you can see your
comments for each slide.

> Also, how does this work with a mobile phone - would pictures show or
> look terrible - and is each slide formated to fit on the phone screen?

Most phones have a 16:9 display. If you prepare your presentation with
OpenOffice it will default to 4:3.
You have to adjust the paper format with "Format - Page..." and change
width/height from 28,00cm/21,00cm to 28,00cm/15,75cm.
Pictures should look the same on the phone, everything gets scaled.

Did you open my link from the first mail? That will give you an
impression on how it works.

BTW: I have only tested on Android. ;-)

Regards,
   Matthias

> Thank you kindly
>
> Janis R.
>
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 11:18:03 -0700, Howard Blum
> <ho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     I also use the "public folder" in Dropbox for easily sharing files
>     with
>     others. I also use Drive, but prefer Dropbox for file sharing.
>
>     On Thu, Jul 12, 2018, 11:15 AM Matthias Seidel
>     <ma...@hamburg.de>
>     wrote:
>
>     > Hi Janis,
>     >
>     > Am 12.07.2018 um 17:11 schrieb jcreese@sasktel.net:
>     > > Hello
>     > >
>     > > This is my first try at making a slide presentation in Open Office
>     > Impress.
>     > >
>     > > 1. I would like to send a link out in an e-mail for my slide
>     > presentation - where do I find the link to use for this?
>     >
>     > If you want to send out a link you must have the presentation at
>     some
>     > place that is accessible for the addressee.
>     >
>     > I would use Google Drive, upload the presentation, make it
>     accessible
>     > and send the link:
>     >
>     >
>     https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1a4llxGm-wX1-D3x4PDjey10l-xxgdHSb_tQkQmIpbHk/edit?usp=sharing
>     >
>     > You should be able to open this link in a browser on your PC or with
>     > your smartphone (Google apps must be installed) and start the
>     presentation.
>     >
>     > If that is what you are looking for, I can give you further details.
>     >
>     > Regards,
>     > Matthias
>     >
>     > >
>     > > 2. Are the slides sized automatically to fit on a mobile phone
>     or can
>     > that be done?
>     > >
>     > > 3. Also, can I use background pictures in my slides and will
>     > they present properly and look nice on a mobile phone?
>     > >
>     > > Thank you very much
>     > >
>     > > Janis R./Canada
>     > >
>     > >
>     > >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >

Re: Open Office Impress

Posted by jc...@sasktel.net.

Re: Open Office Impress

Posted by Howard Blum <ho...@gmail.com>.
Okay, but I was responding to your post rather than her OP.

Re: Open Office Impress

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.

Re: Open Office Impress

Posted by Howard Blum <ho...@gmail.com>.