Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Bruno Cosnefroy <br...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/09 17:53:41 UTC

Issue with jmeter relote testing on Red Hat AS4

Hi,

I have jmeter (client) installed on my desktop and jmeter-server
installed on a Red Hat AS3 server.

I can use remote testing without problem.

Now, I would like to install the jmeter-server on a Red Hat AS4.

I have the same configuration, same JDK (1.5) but it doesn't work.
I have stopped the iptables service and when I do Run -> Remote Start
-> myserver on my jmeter client, I can see (using netstat -en) that my
desktop establish a connection on the rmi port (I use 9999 on my RHAS3
& 4 servers).
However, nothing appears in my server's jmeter.log file. On my
client's jmeter.log, I can see :
jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine java.rmi.ConnectException : Connection refused

Is there known issues with remote testing on Red Hat AS4?

Thanks in advance,
Bruno

Re: Issue with jmeter relote testing on Red Hat AS4

Posted by Bruno Cosnefroy <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks Ivan for your response.
I've found the solution to my problem.

In order for the rmiregistry to work properly (and consequently the
jmeter-server), the ipadress and hostname have to be correctly
configured in the /etc/hosts file (not only 127.0.0.1).
They were not on my server!

Now it works from a computer with no firewall between jmeter and jmeter-server.
On another computer with a firewall between the computer and the
firewall it doesn't work.
The firewall is opened is the direction: jmeter -> jmeter-server but
is closed in the other one.

The test are received by the jmeter-server but it can't send results
to the jmeter-client.
I get a java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out on the
jmeter-server logs.

Is it required to open communication from jmeter-server to
jmeter-client for remote testing to work?

If yes:
It seems that the port used by the jmeter-client to connect to the
jmeter-server is not always the same. Is it possible to configure the
jmeter-client to use a defined port (in order to open it in my
firewall from jmeter-server to jmeter-client)?

Bruno

Posted by Ivan Rancati <iv...@sharpmind.de>.

Posted by Bruno Cosnefroy <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Your question has no link with mine but the jmeter user manual may help you
to build your test plan.
You can find it there:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/

Bruno