Posted to users@camel.apache.org by usj <us...@yahoo.com> on 2014/11/19 07:17:30 UTC

Invocation of a Spring bean method at a scheduled time when using Camel routing

Hi,

Here is the use case.

I need to use Camel Routes to:
a)invoke a Spring bean method, at certain time intervals or specific
scheduled time
b)delegate the result of the bean invocation to a Camel processor to handle
the result

My approach as at now is:
- Use CronScheduledRoutePolicy for scheduled invocation.

My problem is:
I have noticed when building Camel routes,  typically RouteBuilder.from() is
begun with either using an end point such as file or jms.
However, in this case, I need to invoke Spring bean.
How do I achieve this? The series of question marks in my following sample
code highlights the problematic area.
        .routePolicy(cronScheduledRoutePolicy).noAutoStartup()
        .bean(handleResult)
        .end();

Any help, appreciated heaps!!!