Posted to cvs@httpd.apache.org by fu...@apache.org on 2009/06/01 01:20:50 UTC

svn commit: r780525 - in /httpd/mod_ftp/trunk: NWGNUftp-makefile NWGNUmakefile

Author: fuankg
Date: Sun May 31 23:20:50 2009
New Revision: 780525

Log:
renamed NWGNUftp-makefile back to NWGNUmakefile since the NetWare build system fails if no NWGNUmakefile is present.

Added:
    httpd/mod_ftp/trunk/NWGNUmakefile   (props changed)
      - copied unchanged from r780501, httpd/mod_ftp/trunk/NWGNUftp-makefile
Removed:
    httpd/mod_ftp/trunk/NWGNUftp-makefile

Propchange: httpd/mod_ftp/trunk/NWGNUmakefile
    svn:mergeinfo =

Re: svn commit: r780525 - in /httpd/mod_ftp/trunk: NWGNUftp-makefile NWGNUmakefile

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
fuankg@apache.org wrote:

> Log:
> renamed NWGNUftp-makefile back to NWGNUmakefile since the NetWare build system fails if no NWGNUmakefile is present.

As I pointed out to Jim, you've transfered simplicity into additional
complexity; a combined build is one recommended alternative, but what you
have here is the destruction of the NWGNUmakefile httpd master makefile
in everyone's sources who merges them.

See README-FTP for the (hopefully?) clear explanations of building in tree
and out of tree for windows and unix, and please consider adding those
instructions for netware and reverting this breakage.  Unlike my response
to Jim, where we are actually responsible to ensure the integrity of each
NOTICE and LICENSE file, I don't have strong feelings about Netware; but
by rights this should be a veto and not an objection.

If those instructions said;

  cp NWGNUmodftp-makefile NWGNUmakefile
  [netware steps]

that would allow you to restore to this behavior and preserve file
integrity.  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/mod_ftp/trunk/README-FTP
explains;

  To build static, or as a DSO but within the same build as httpd,
  copy the entire ftp source directory tree on top of your existing
  httpd source tree, and from the httpd source root directory

    ./buildconf  (to pick up ftp)
    ./configure --enable-ftp {your usual options}

  and proceed as usual.