Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> on 2020/03/19 00:07:40 UTC

Porting whimsy to Node.js?

TL;DR: would porting whimsy to Node.js attract developers?

To explore this question, I've created a spike:

https://github.com/rubys/whimsy-board-agenda-nodejs

Thoughts?

- Sam Ruby

Re: Porting whimsy to Node.js?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
In my experience, it's not really the base language that makes Whimsy
difficult to understand.
It's more about the scaffolding that is needed to turn the code into
an application.

The code consists of a lot of different parts that need to be plugged
together to make the app work.
If something does not work, it's may not be at all obvious why, as
there may be no error message.

Re: Porting whimsy to Node.js?

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.