Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Avi Levi <av...@bluevoyant.com> on 2019/07/02 07:11:44 UTC

Setting consumer offset

Hi,
If I set in code the consumer offset e.g *consumer.setStartFromTimestamp*
and I start the job from a curtain savepoint/checkpoint will the offset in
the checkpoint will override the the offset that is defined in the code  ?

Best Regards
Avi

Re: Setting consumer offset

Posted by Paul Lam <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Avi,

Yes, it will. The restored state takes priority over the start position.

Best,
Paul Lam