Posted to user@openwebbeans.apache.org by Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <it...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/15 15:16:20 UTC

Questions on sevice implementation bean and handler life cycle

*Hi*

I'm not sure if this is the right group for the following questions.... I
also posted it to the CXF user group. Any ideas/answers to any of the
following questions would be greatly appreciated!

I find nothing about the* life cycle of a service implementation bean* in
JSR181 and JSR224, the only reference there is to the lifecycle callback
methods (@PostConstruct and @PreDestroy).

I can find information on the life cycle in* JSR109 in chapter "5.3.4
Service Implementation Bean Life Cycle".*

*I have a few questions on 5.3.4*

- Is it correct that the container / CXF can create any number (a pool) of
service implementation bean instances? The spec say "A container may pool
method ready instances of a Service Implementation Bean and dispatch a
method
request on any instance in a method ready state."
- Is it correct that any given instance in the pool only can receive one
request at a time (why would it otherwise need the pool?)
- What is the min/max/other characteristics of this pool in CXF? Can it be
configured?

For *JSR109 in 6.2.2.2 Handler Life Cycle with JAX-WS *I also have a few
questions

- The spec say "Pooling of Handler instances is allowed, but is not
required.". Does CXF pool handler instances?
- The spec say "If Handler instances are pooled, they must be pooled by
Port component.". If CXF pool handler instances I assume they are pooled
per SEI?
- Can a given Handler instance receive multiple concurrent calls? I assume
that it cannot if its pooled and can if its not pooled? However the spec is
not very clear here so any input would be apreciated.

Questions on the lifecycle* if the service implementations bean is a
stateless EJB* (annotated with @Stateless):

- I assume that the life cycle now follows the life cycle of a stateless
EJB and that any pooling follows the pool setup for that specific EJB?
- Will the life cycle of the Handlers still follow JSR109 6.2.2.2?

Questions on the lifecycle if the *service implementation bean is a
stateful EJB* (annotated with @Stateful) *and is annotated so that the
lifecycle is managed by the CDI container, e.g. @RequestScoped.*

- I assume that the life cycle now is managed according to the CDI
container life cycle rules?
- Will the life cycle of the Handlers still follow JSR109 6.2.2.2?

We use WebSphere 8.5.5 and as far as we know it uses CXF 2.6.2. Has
anything changed from 2.6.2. with respect to the above questions? Does
anyone know if IBM has done any WebSphere specific changes to the CXF
bundled?

Regards
Lars-Fredrik

--
Med vänlig hälsning / Best regards

Lars-Fredrik Smedberg

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY:
message and any attachments.

Re: Questions on sevice implementation bean and handler life cycle

Posted by Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <it...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Joseph, will take a look at the link.

Also JSR109 also states that a JAX WS WebService can be either a Java
class, a stateless EJB or a singleton EJB (I missed that before when
looking) so please ignore the questions asked about a statefull JAX-WS
WebService I asked before today :)

Regards
Lars-Fredrik

Posted by Joseph Bergmark <be...@gmail.com>.