Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Dave Hollar <da...@bizpiranha.com> on 2002/01/24 23:33:16 UTC

distributing scheduled jobs

Is it possible to run multiple instances of the same Turbine app (especially
Scheduling) against the same database.  In other words, if  two instances of
the Scheduler are running will the scheduled jobs be run twice - once for
each of the instances?

We're starting to have a heavy load from our scheduled jobs and would like
to distribute that load across multiple servers if possible.  I'm assuming
that, by running multiple instances, each instance would be executing the
same jobs and therefore carrying the same load.    Is my assumption right?
And has anyone else looked into distributing scheduled jobs?

Thanks-
Dave Hollar