Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Xiangrui Meng <me...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/17 12:16:41 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.9.2 (RC1)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 0.9.2!

The tag to be voted on is v0.9.2-rc1 (commit 4322c0ba):
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=4322c0ba7f411cf9a2483895091440011742246b

http://people.apache.org/~meng/spark-0.9.2-rc1/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/meng.asc

https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachespark-1023/content/

http://people.apache.org/~meng/spark-0.9.2-rc1-docs/

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 0.9.2!

The vote is open until Sunday, July 20, at 11:10 UTC and passes if
a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
http://spark.apache.org/

=== About this release ===
This release fixes a few high-priority bugs in 0.9.1 and has a variety
of smaller fixes. The full list is here: http://s.apache.org/d0t. Some
of the more visible patches are:

SPARK-2156 and SPARK-1112: Issues with jobs hanging due to akka frame size
SPARK-2043: ExternalAppendOnlyMap doesn't always find matching keys
SPARK-1676: HDFS FileSystems continually pile up in the FS cache
SPARK-1775: Unneeded lock in ShuffleMapTask.deserializeInfo
SPARK-1870: Secondary jars are not added to executor classpath for YARN

This is the second maintenance release on the 0.9 line. We plan to make
additional maintenance releases as new fixes come in.

Best,
Xiangrui

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.9.2 (RC1)

Posted by DB Tsai <db...@dbtsai.com>.
+1

Tested with my Ubuntu Linux.

Sincerely,

DB Tsai
My Blog: https://www.dbtsai.com
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dbtsai

Posted by Xiangrui Meng <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

The vote has passed with 7 "+1" votes (4 binding) and 0 "-1" vote:

+1:

Xiangrui Meng*
Matei Zaharia*
DB Tsai
Reynold Xin*
Patrick Wendell*
Andrew Or
Sean McNamara

I'm closing this vote and going to package v0.9.2 today. Thanks
everyone for voting!

Best,
Xiangrui

Posted by Sean McNamara <Se...@Webtrends.com>.