Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jorge Martin Cristobal <jm...@stratio.com> on 2023/05/19 07:59:27 UTC

Kafka connect process listens to an unknown port

Hi all,

I'm testing apache kafka connect for a project and I found that the main
process listens to two different ports, the one to provide REST api, 8083
by default, and a different unprivileged port that changes its number each
restart. For instance, this is fragment of the output from netstat command:
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:8083 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 28646/java
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:42859 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 28646/java <--THIS

What's the purpose of that port?. Is there any public definition of that
interface? I haven't found any documentation wrt that port number.
Kindly regards,

Jorge M.