Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by George Sanderson <ge...@xorgate.com> on 2001/01/07 21:44:41 UTC

RFC: Apache::FileMan pre-release 0.04

FileMan provides a web site file manager to web browsers. It is an
extensive rewrite of the Apache::AutoIndex.pm module (written by Philippe
M. Chiasson), which in turn was a remake of the autoindex Apache module.
FileMan can provide the same functionality as AutoIndex.pm which means that
it can be used to both navigate and manage a web site.

The current pre-release version is 0.04 and is available for download at:
httpd://www.xorgate.com/FileMan
A restricted demo is available by accessing:
httpd://www.xorgate.com/FileMan/demo/.XFM
user name=fileman
password=13dec00

In version 0.04, I added the "Edit", "MkFile", and "Revoke" (only for admin
users) commands.  This completes the development of the module.

The command list includes: "Browse", "Upload", "Unzip", "Delete", "Mkdir",
"MkFile", "Copy", "Move", "Edit", "Rename", "Help", "SetGID", and "Revoke".

If you notice any problems or have any comments, please, let me know.
All comments are welcomed.

Re: RFC: Apache::FileMan pre-release 0.04

Posted by George Sanderson <ge...@xorgate.com>.
At 09:19 PM 1/7/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>I just tried the demo
>(coursoity got the better part of me ;)
>and the
>username: fileman
>password 13dec00
>did not work

Sorry, it appears, I left the demo access wide open and the directory got
deleted.
Try it again.  It should work. (Its now read only though.)