Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/09 17:49:21 UTC

[m2] building non-jar projects

Hi,

we are currently using Maven 1 to build c(++) projects and InstallShield
projects. I have written custom goals in my maven.xml to accomplish this.
Nobody would ever call jar:deploy on such a project but the custom defined
goals.

How would I do this in Maven 2. I want to avoid that the java compiler runs
and the jarring happens, but something of my own (a little piece of ant)
runs. For instance, a bit of ant that calls the c compiler or InstallShield
compiler and then a bit of ant that zips the result and puts it on the local
or remote repository.

How would I do this?

regards,

Wim

Re: [m2] building non-jar projects

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.
Ah, yes, now I see it under "Specifying a New Packaging". It was a bit
confusing that the example also uses plexus. I was thinking that it was
something related to plexus and did not pay attention to it.

regards,

Wim

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.