Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de> on 2010/10/18 19:11:58 UTC

dynamic user interfaces

hello all,

I'm trying to build a dynamic user interface from components (panels, lists,
trees, editors, forms, etc.) and assemble parts of it with dependency
injection.
In my first attempt last year with JavaFX I used Blueprint and bind/unbind for
attaching/detaching interface parts (modules).
Now I'm going for Vaadin and multi user which makes it a little more
complicated. Components and some services have to be bound to session/user.
I'm unsure which way to go, which implementation to "misuse". Managed
services? Component factories? Any hints?

tia,
O.

Re: dynamic user interfaces

Posted by Christopher Brind <br...@brindy.org.uk>.
Actually, you can do that with my version, but I suggest we discuss this on
the Vaadin-OSGi google group, as it's not related to Felix really.

Cheers,
Chris

Re: dynamic user interfaces

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.

Re: dynamic user interfaces

Posted by LongkerDandy <lo...@gmail.com>.
I'm also using Vaadin with OSGi.
For now, I have something like this:

1. Vaadin servlet mapping bundle for "/VAADIN"
2. Vaadin themes and widgeset bundle as a fragment.
3. You Vaadin main interface
4. Some Vaadin plugin service also act as a component factory.

The only thing I have is that the Vaadin plugin component can't put his
themes into the main site.
I'm not fixing it, but I guess you can do some trick when vaadin servlet
trying to get the css files.

And thanks for Chris's group info.

Regards
LongkerDandy