Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Plorks mail <pl...@hotmail.com> on 2005/05/04 17:21:13 UTC

httpservletrequest

Firstly, sorry for this dumb question.

I'm writing a server-side web service and exposing a method where the client
muxt enter usernamen and password

So i've just done something simple like this:

public void getUserNamePassword(HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException
{
    String userName = request.getParameter("userName");
    String password = request.getParameter("password");
}

I now want to test this to make sure the server-side is getting the values
passed through - is there a way of testing this without going to loads of
trouble of writing a client web service ?

Or is there a better way of getting username / password ?

Thanks for any help

http://messenger.msn.co.uk