Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by David Sells <ds...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/24 03:15:18 UTC

Spring MVC Annotations and OpenEJB

I have a general question with respect to the integration of Spring's MVC
and OpenEJB.  I have two small working applications:

1) A Spring 2.5 MVC webapp utilizing Annotations where ever possible
2) The OpenEJB SpringJPA Example

I am trying to combine these two applications and I am running into
difficulties which appear to be rooted in the exception:
NameAlreadyBoundException.

At first it was the Datasource which was present in the Bean definitions, I
moved this definition into the OpenEJB.xml in tomcat's conf directory (I
don't know why it stopped using the bean definition for the Datasource).

Then the exception moved to the viewResolver:

javax.naming.NameAlreadyBoundException:
ParsedName{path=openejb/Resource/viewResolver, component=viewResolver}

Is there an underlying incompatability problem here? I noticed that the
examples utlized Struts and JSF but not MVC have problems like these been
seen before?

Thanks,

David S.

Re: Spring MVC Annotations and OpenEJB

Posted by David Sells <ds...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Thank-you for this information.  It will be a couple of days before I can
take a deeper look at this.  I am interested in resolving this problem.

Thanks again,
David

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Hi David,