Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at> on 2009/12/18 22:40:21 UTC

Re: Sharing files between modules within the same project, for use by sql-maven-plugin

Hi,

I guess you could patch the sql-plugin, but maybe you should use the
maven-dependency-plugin[1] to unpack your new module for the tests. Then
the sql-plugin can just read the unpacked file and you don't need to patch
anything.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/unpack-mojo.html

Roland

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Thanks Roland!

That worked like a charm.

Roland Asmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I guess you could patch the sql-plugin, but maybe you should use the
> maven-dependency-plugin[1] to unpack your new module for the tests. Then
> the sql-plugin can just read the unpacked file and you don't need to patch
> anything.
>
> [1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/unpack-mojo.html
>
> Roland
>

>> Hi
>>
>> I'm facing a problem sharing files between modules. We have a multi
>> module build where several of the modules have database tests that use
>> the sql-maven-plugin to set up a test database.
>>
>> These modules needs to share two files: a DDL file that creates the
>> tables and an SQL file that populates the tables. We don't want to have
>> multiple copies of these files in different modules, for obvious reasons.
>>
>> After browsing the web for examples of sharing resources between
>> modules, I tried one where you put the files to be shared in a new
>> module. They go into the directory src/main/resources. Then each module
>> that needs the files just adds a dependency on the new module.
>>
>> The problem with that approach is that the files are then class path
>> resources, which the sql-maven-plugin is not able to see. It seems to
>> only be able use files within the current module.
>>
>> Is there another way we can do this?
>>
>> Would it be possible to patch the sql-maven-plugin to be able to read
>> class path resources as files? Are there any examples of other plugins
>> that do this?
>>
>> --
>> Dennis Lundberg

Dennis Lundberg