Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/28 08:47:26 UTC

Question about YARN Memory allocation

Hello all!

I'm new to YARN, so it could be beginner question.
(I've been used MRv1 and changed just now.)

I'm using HBase with 3 masters and 10 slaves - CDH 5.2 (Hadoop 2.5.0).
In order to migrate MRv1 to YARN, I read several docs, and change
configrations.

```
yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb: 12288
yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-mb: 512
mapreduce.map.memory.mb: 1536
mapreduce.reduce.memory.mb: 1536
mapreduce.map.java.opts: -Xmx1024m -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Dfile.client.encoding=UTF-8 -Dclient.encoding.override=UTF-8
mapreduce.reduce.java.opts: -Xmx1024m -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Dfile.client.encoding=UTF-8 -Dclient.encoding.override=UTF-8
```

I'm expecting that it will be 80 containers running concurrently, but in
real it's 60 containers. (59 maps ran concurrently, maybe 1 is
ApplicationManager.)

All YarnChilds' VIRT are higher than 1.5G and lower than 2G now, so I'm
suspecting it.
But it's better to make clear, to understand YARN clearer.

Any helps & explanations are really appreciated.
Thanks!

Best regards.
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

Re: Question about YARN Memory allocation

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
LCE refers to Linux Container Executor

Please take a look at yarn-default.xml

Cheers

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
LCE refers to Linux Container Executor

Please take a look at yarn-default.xml

Cheers

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
LCE refers to Linux Container Executor

Please take a look at yarn-default.xml

Cheers

Posted by "Naganarasimha G R (Naga)" <ga...@huawei.com>.
Hi
When you click on active nodes in the Web UI you will be able to see all the nodes and the reserved resources status also.
Can you check and tell whether any node is actually under utilized (like resources are there but still no containers are assigned) . If its the case then the solution is there in YARN-1769  (assuming u have configured capacity scheduler)

Refer "http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.0/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/CapacityScheduler.html" for more information on capacity schedulers...

Regards,
Naga
________________________________