Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by siv vasan <sv...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/18 16:17:43 UTC

Encrypt some values in blueprint configuration files

Hi,
I am using blueprint xml and configuration files for configuring
LDAPLoginModule options and this is working fine.  But i want to obfuscate
connection password value in the conf file. How can I do it ?

I can use Jasypt to add encrypted password to configuration file. But how
can i configure blueprint/config framework to decrypt it and pass it to
LDAPLoginModule.

<blueprint xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0"
           xmlns:jaas="http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/jaas/v1.0.0"

xmlns:ext="http://aries.apache.org/blueprint/xmlns/blueprint-ext/v1.0.0"
		   xmlns:cm="http://aries.apache.org/blueprint/xmlns/blueprint-cm/v1.1.0"
           xmlns:enc="http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/jasypt/v1.0.0">

    <ext:property-placeholder placeholder-prefix="$["
placeholder-suffix="]"/>
   <cm:property-placeholder persistent-id="jaas.ldap"
update-strategy="reload" />

 <jaas:config name="LDAP">
  <jaas:module
className="org.apache.karaf.jaas.modules.ldap.LDAPLoginModule"
flags="required">
        connection.url=${url}
	connection.username=${username}
	*connection.password=${password}*