Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ayaskant swain <ay...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/20 05:34:25 UTC

Re: Tomcat not running

Hello,
         i have already tested these things which you are telling.When i put some html or jsp files directly ubder my_apps folder i see the list of these files when i type http://localhost:8080/my_apps but my problem is that sometimes i am not able to see this  also.it says /my_apps is not available.coming back to your point ya a client can't see the WEB-INF directory.It's kept secret from the client by the server itself.That's why when we run our servlets which we put inside classes folder under WEB-INF we generally call it through a url-pattern which we declare in the web.xml file.

Ayaskant

Mark Leone <mi...@cox.net> wrote:
Try putting an html or jsp file in your my_apps folder. I'm not sure
what Tomcat does when you navigate to the web app with nothing other
than WEB-INF in the web app's folder. When I navigate to one of my web
apps the way you're trying, I get a directory listing of the files and
folders I have there, but I notice that that WEB-INF is not included in
that listing, even though it is present. So a better test of your web
app would be to try to hit an html or jsp page.

As someone else pointed out, the log files should give you a good clue
as to why Tomcat isn't starting up sometimes.

-Mark