Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tod Thomas <to...@verizon.net> on 2001/11/02 17:20:02 UTC

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

> Error loading logicsheet at resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/util.xsl due to java.lang.Exception: Resource not found or retrieving error.

I get this error when trying the run the Hello.xml sample.  I'm running
Tomcat standalone from a binary install, and am using a binary install
of Cocoon 1.8.2.  I've followed all the installation instructions
(except for the Apache customization parts) and here I am.

Details:

Tomcat 4.0.1 from binary, running standalone.
Cocoon 1.8.2 from binary
Java - Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1_01)
Files -
   jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1.tar.gz
   Cocoon-1.8.2.tar.gz

Tomcat lib contents:
	cocoon.jar
	ant_1_1.jar
	bsfengines.jar
	bsf.jar
	fesi.jar
	fop_0_15_0.jar
	sax-bugfix.jar
	servlet_2_2.jar
	stylebook-1.0-b2.jar
	turbine-pool.jar
	w3c.jar
	xalan_1_2_D02.jar
	xerces_1_2.jar
	xml.jar
	xt.jar
	jasper-compiler.jar
	naming-factory.jar
	jasper-runtime.jar

BTW, I can't find Cocoon.xml in either of the install tar.gz's.  I'm
getting to the Hello.xml file by using
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/hello/hello-page.xml.  Is this
right?  Maybe I have a configuration problem?  Maybe I have a frontal
lobe problem?

Thanks for any assistance.

Tod