Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nick Beare <Ni...@causeway.com> on 2010/08/20 15:50:48 UTC

isapi_redirect.dll wont load on IIS7

Hi,

I have followed the document described at http://community.jboss.org/wiki/UsingModjk12WithJbossAndIIs7 and several other related documents, but when I try to browse to the jmx-console through IIS, I get:-

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

Calling LoadLibraryEx on ISAPI filter "C:\JK\bin\isapi_redirect.dll" failed

In the Event Viewer, I have an error in the Windows > Application log stating:-

ISAPI Filter 'C:\JK\bin\isapi_redirect.dll' could not be loaded due to a configuration problem. The current configuration only supports loading images built for a AMD64 processor architecture. The data field contains the error number.

I have added entries in the registry as described in the document (but using my path "C:\JK\..." of course).

the workers.properties file contains:-

worker.list=node1

worker.node1.port=8010
worker.node1.host=localhost
worker.node1.type=ajp13
worker.node1.ping_mode=A
worker.node1.socket_timeout=10

# Status worker for managing load balancer
worker.status.type=status

and the uriworkermap.properties file contains just:-

/*=node1

I can get to jmx-console page directly (i.e. not through IIS but going direct to JBoss - i.e. using port 8080).

I have tried using both 1.2.30 and 1.2.28 64bit dlls, but get same problem with each.

Have managed to get win32 version of dll working on XP platform.

Am out of ideas. Any suggestions very welcome.

Nick

________________________________
Causeway is proudly supporting Byte Night, the IT industry's annual sleep out in aid of Action for Children, on 8th October. Team Causeway will be sleeping rough so please sponsor us at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Causeway

________________________________
Causeway is committed towards reducing its carbon footprint. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

________________________________

Disclaimer Notice :-

The message and any attachments contained in this e-mail are intended for the named recipient(s) only. It may contain privileged or confidential information or information which is exempt from disclosure under the applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you must not read, print, retain, copy distribute, forward or take any or refrain from taking any action in reliance on it or any of its attachments. If you have received or have been forwarded this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail or telephone (+44 (0)1628 552000) and delete this message from the computer or any other data-reading device in its entirety.

Please advise us immediately if you do not or your employer does not consent to Internet e-mail for messages of this nature.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure and error-free as the information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, arrive late or contain viruses. The sender and this Company therefore do not and shall not accept any liability or responsibility of whatsoever nature in the context of this message and its attachment(s) which arises as a result of Internet transmission. Opinions, conclusion, representations, views and such other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of this Company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

Registered Office: Comino House, Furlong Road, Bourne End, Buckinghamshire, SL8 5AQ
Registered in England No: 3921897 www.causeway.com

RE: isapi_redirect.dll wont load on IIS7

Posted by Nick Beare <Ni...@causeway.com>.
Chuck,

That's fantastic. Downloaded the amd64 dll you suggested and it worked first time (and runs pretty quick too).

My ignorance of processor architecture lead me to the following assumptions...
Our server runs Intel xeon processor.
My reasoning went Intel begins with I so must be ia64!

I then incorrectly picked up the dll from
http://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/win64/jk-1.2.30/ia64/

This is was my first post to this mailing list and you responded within minutes. I'm very impressed.

Regards

Nick Beare
Developer

Frensham House, Farnham Business Park, Weydon Lane, Farnham, GU9 8QT
T: +44 (0) 1628 552000F: +44 (0) 1628 552001

www.causeway.com

> The current configuration only supports loading images
> built for a AMD64 processor architecture.

Looks like you're trying to use a 32-bit DLL in a 64-bit process.  You can find the current 64-bit version here:

http://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/win64/jk-1.2.30/amd64/

I suspect the 64-bit version you tried before may have been the IA64 one - a dead-end (but unfortunately not quite dead) architecture known as Itanium.

 - Chuck

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.