Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by De...@ic.gc.ca on 2002/05/15 13:55:07 UTC

Struts & Tiles

I am trying to include a tiles tag within a struts tag but I have had no
success

This is what I would like as the final result:
<cipo:treasury_board_header name='layout.jsp'/>

In the above code line, layout.jsp is a variable in the tiles definition
file.  I have tried the following with no success:
<cipo:treasury_board_header name="<tiles:getAsString name='body'/>"/>

<cipo:treasury_board_header><tiles:getAsString
name='body'/></cipo:treasury_board_header>

How can I get this variable sent with my struts tag?

Johanne Demers

Re: Struts & Tiles

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@lifl.fr>.
  Import the tiles attribute into the request or page scope just before calling
your tag. Then you will be able to use tiles' attribute value just like any
attribute from request or page scope :
<tiles:importAttribute name="body" scope="page" />

  You need to do that because tiles attribute are stored in the tiles context.

     Hope this help,

         Cedric