Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Sahoo <sa...@sun.com> on 2008/05/21 17:26:31 UTC

Deployment Admin Spec

I am trying to find some information about "deployment admin spec" and
how to use it? Does Felix implement this spec? Where is it documented?

Thanks,
Sahoo

Re: Deployment Admin Spec

Posted by Christian van Spaandonk <ch...@luminis.nl>.
Karl Pauls wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Sahoo <sa...@sun.com> wrote:
>
>> I am trying to find some information about "deployment admin spec" and how
>> to use it? Does Felix implement this spec? Where is it documented?
>>

> We do have an unreleased implementation in trunk/deploymentadmin. I
> don't think it supports the full spec yet but it is getting close and
> it is used in the field. We don't have much documentation about it as
> of now but the compendium spec is a good starting point. The
> implementation has a dependency on the dependencymanager which is also
> in trunk.
>
> regards,
>
> Karl

Correct, a quick overview of it's current status:

- installs deployment packages
- supports fix packages
- persists deployment packages
- uses dependency manager
- can backup and restore bundle data
- support for resource processors

Localization is not supported yet and at the moment it even causes
deployment to fail if used (see [1]). The first resource processor
(AutoConf, also specced in compendium) is also in the works. I'm hoping
to commit the first version of autoconf and a fix for the localization
issue soon.

friendly,
 Christian van Spaandonk

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-518

Re: Deployment Admin Spec

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Sahoo <sa...@sun.com> wrote:
> I am trying to find some information about "deployment admin spec" and how
> to use it? Does Felix implement this spec? Where is it documented?

We do have an unreleased implementation in trunk/deploymentadmin. I
don't think it supports the full spec yet but it is getting close and
it is used in the field. We don't have much documentation about it as
of now but the compendium spec is a good starting point. The
implementation has a dependency on the dependencymanager which is also
in trunk.

regards,

Karl

> Thanks,