Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Stefan Rennick Egglestone <sr...@cs.nottingham.ac.uk> on 2004/05/04 12:38:48 UTC

Re: Are the jetspeed user limited ???

I'm having a similar problem.

I've tried adding a new user using the admin servlet, and no error
messages are given, but the user isn't added.

Am using mySQL 5/ Tomcat 5.

I've seen previous emails on the mailing list which indicate that you
get problems if you delete the Tommy Turbine user, but I haven't done
that. What I have done is play around with the
JetspeedSecurity.properties file, which does specify some parameters for
security, but I've tried changing everything back to how it was, and
this hasn't helped.

I've actually got 7 users in my database, along with 5 roles and 3
groups, so it may not be an identical problem.

Any ideas?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On May 4, 2004, at 3:38 AM, Stefan Rennick Egglestone wrote:

> I'm having a similar problem.
>
> I've tried adding a new user using the admin servlet, and no error
> messages are given, but the user isn't added.
>
> Am using mySQL 5/ Tomcat 5.
>
> I've seen previous emails on the mailing list which indicate that you
> get problems if you delete the Tommy Turbine user, but I haven't done
> that. What I have done is play around with the
> JetspeedSecurity.properties file, which does specify some parameters
> for security, but I've tried changing everything back to how it was,
> and this hasn't helped.
>
> I've actually got 7 users in my database, along with 5 roles and 3
> groups, so it may not be an identical problem.
>
> Any ideas?

Strange that its not logging errors. Have you checked all the log files?

Also, did you follow these steps:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-1/database.html