Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Maksimenko Alexander <ma...@bird.cris.net> on 2004/06/02 08:35:09 UTC

OTM documentation

Hi!
I want use OTM to isolate transactions (hsqldb can't do this)
Is there any documentation  (except tutorial) to understand the
principles of its wor?
--
Maksimenko Alexander
Softwarium, www.softwarium.net

Re: OTM documentation

Posted by Maksimenko Alexander <ma...@bird.cris.net>.
Brian McCallister wrote:

> The ODMG api works fine in one JVM. It also works fine on really
> distributed ones =)

But  it's overhead is more than if I use PersistenceBroker only (I guess)

Re: OTM documentation

Posted by Maksimenko Alexander <ma...@bird.cris.net>.
Thomas Dudziak wrote:

>>>I've heard that McKoi (http://mckoi.com/database/) is a good in-jvm
>>>database
>>>

>>Yes, but it's GPL :(
>>

>If you're not linking directly against it (i.e. in Java by importing
>classes from McKoi) but only using it via JDBC then there should be no
>problem. I've checked the McKoi mailing list to see whether this question
>was posted, and here it is:
>
>http://mckoi.com/database/mail/subject.jsp?id=893&highlight=license+#MSG_893
>
>(scroll down to the end, last mail from Tobias Downer).

Thank you!
You have saved me :)

Re: OTM documentation

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>.
On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Maksimenko Alexander wrote:

> Thomas Dudziak wrote:
>
> >I've heard that McKoi (http://mckoi.com/database/) is a good in-jvm
> >database
> >
> Yes, but it's GPL :(

If you're not linking directly against it (i.e. in Java by importing
classes from McKoi) but only using it via JDBC then there should be no
problem. I've checked the McKoi mailing list to see whether this question
was posted, and here it is:

http://mckoi.com/database/mail/subject.jsp?id=893&highlight=license+#MSG_893

(scroll down to the end, last mail from Tobias Downer).

Tom

Re: OTM documentation

Posted by Maksimenko Alexander <ma...@bird.cris.net>.
Thomas Dudziak wrote:

>I've heard that McKoi (http://mckoi.com/database/) is a good in-jvm
>database

Yes, but it's GPL :(

Re: OTM documentation

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>.
On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Brian McCallister wrote:

> The ODMG api works fine in one JVM. It also works fine on really
> distributed ones =)
>
> Another in-jvm database worth considering is Axion (
> http://axion.tigris.org/features.html ) -- it is transactional, but
> development seems to have slowed on it as the last release was almost a
> year ago =/

I've heard that McKoi (http://mckoi.com/database/) is a good in-jvm
database (is e.g. used by SnipSnap, http://www.snipsnap.org). I planned to
add support for it after 1.0 is ouz.

Tom

Re: OTM documentation

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
The ODMG api works fine in one JVM. It also works fine on really
distributed ones =)

Another in-jvm database worth considering is Axion (
http://axion.tigris.org/features.html ) -- it is transactional, but
development seems to have slowed on it as the last release was almost a
year ago =/

-Brian

Re: OTM documentation

Posted by Maksimenko Alexander <ma...@bird.cris.net>.

Re: OTM documentation

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.

Re: OTM documentation

Posted by Maksimenko Alexander <ma...@bird.cris.net>.

Re: OTM documentation

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Alexander,

Maksimenko Alexander wrote:
> Hi!
> I want use OTM to isolate transactions (hsqldb can't do this)
> Is there any documentation  (except tutorial) to understand the
> principles of its wor?

sorry, AFAIK no. The OTM-api will be officially released in 1.1 version,
till then the lack of OTM docs will in all probability continue.

regards,
Armin