Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu> on 2003/05/26 16:44:42 UTC

Re: [new-committer] [RESULT] Re: [commons] New commiter Mark R. Diggory was Re: [VOTE] new commiter Mark R. Diggory

I know its only been a couple buisness days since this went out, what is
the usuall amount of time it takes to process a new commiter? Are there
any steps that I personally need to complete?

thanks again,
Mark

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@mwm.lt>.
Thanx,
It seems problems are solved and I will not forget this next time.
Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 08:37 PM, Mark R. Diggory wrote:

> As well, just to update everyone who's conversing about this, Robert
> emailed me earlier concerning username info. I passed info onto him
> directly. I'm not sure if he is PMC?

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/whoweare.html

but all i was going to do was re-post to pmc (and maybe infrastructure).
now conor's on the case, it'll be sorted soon :)

- robert

Re: [commons] New commiter Mark R. Diggory

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
As well, just to update everyone who's conversing about this, Robert
emailed me earlier concerning username info. I passed info onto him
directly. I'm not sure if he is PMC? Anyways, thanks for everyone
looking into this. I understand these things take a little time to work
out. I'm not in a hurry.

-M.

Mark R. Diggory wrote:

> I downloaded the contributor contract and will be faxing that out to
> Apache on my end. I'm not sure if this may start the process.
>
> -Mark
>
> Who is the responsible party who is in the 'Commons PMC'?
>
>>     You need to ensure that the new committer fills out the
>>     appropriate forms (including the CLA
>>     <http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html#general>). In order to
>>     get the user account and karma (aka CVS write access to a
>>     repository), you need to send an email to /root at apache.org/
>>     requesting a new account to be created. In order to expedite the
>>     process, please use the following form:
>>
>> To: root
>> Cc: pmc@<project>.apache.org, newcommitters@email.address
>> Subject: Apache account request
>>
>> Full name:                ...
>> Preferred userid:         ... [please provide acceptable alternates!]
>> Forwarding email address: ...
>>
>> Requested karma:          <project>[/<subproject>] ...
>>
>> [Vote:                     link to mail archive for PMC bookkeeping]
>>
>>     If you are *not* a member of the responsible PMC and send in an
>>     account request, you will be dealt with accordingly. We will only
>>     honor requests from recognized PMC members with a CC to the PMC as
>>     well. (We know who you are.)
>>
>>     Once the request has been received, a person with root access will
>>     create the account and reply accordingly.
>>
> -Mark
>

> Juozas Baliuka wrote:
>
>> Sorry,
>> I proposed the vote. Do I need to send vote results to root@apache.org ?

>>> 2. nominate a userid, preferred email address

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@centras.lt>.
Sorry,

Posted by Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com>.
On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 18:22, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> IMHO, the normal process is for the person who proposed the vote to send a
> request for your account to root, copying the PMC. This tells the PMC what is
> going on, satisfying its oversight requirements and lets root know the PMC
> has been informed. I don't think the PMC needs to actually initiate the
> request.

According to http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html, infrastructure "will
only honor requests from recognized PMC members with a CC to the PMC as
well".  Although, I'm not so sure how strictly this is enforced.

Re: [commons] New commiter Mark R. Diggory

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
someone should contact you to get paper work in order. there is some
general stuff on the foundation site (http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.
html) which you might like to browse (but i'm not sure how relevant it is)
.

i know that a some of the infrastructure dudes are out-and-about at the
moment so the process may be a little slow. i'll chase it up on pmc (and
infrastructure). if you happen to have a particular preference for your
apache user name, then let me know.

- robert