Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by 0 8 <01...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/09 19:41:04 UTC

Create an object that's shared with multiple applications?

Hello,

I currently have a JSP application under Tomcat that uses an object
created when Tomcat starts up.  The object is created using a class
that implements ServletContextListener and I can call the object from
my JSPs.  All is well.

Originally, I thought I could have one of these objects per
application.  But it turns out I can have only one per server.

I've been doing some searching and looking through the documentation,
but I can't figure out how to do this.

How can I create a single object when Tomcat starts up and access that
object from multiple web apps?

Thanks,
Matt

Re: Create an object that's shared with multiple applications?

Posted by 0 8 <01...@gmail.com>.
I did, but then I get more than I get one object created for each application.

I literally just stumbled a mention of a "crossContext" setting in
Tomcat, but I'm still trying to figure out if that will help here.

Posted by Ryan O'Hara <oh...@genome.chop.edu>.

Posted by "Phil (waex)" <ph...@waex.com>.
You can serialize/deseriaize your object(s) in /from an Ms SQLserver blob
field

I can email you some code off list if this is what you are looking forward

Phil

I'm sure this is a stupid question but...what?  I don't follow.

I can store the object in a database?  I'm limited to SQL Server.
Does that matter?

Posted by 0 8 <01...@gmail.com>.
Pid,

Posted by Lung Chan <fa...@gmail.com>.