Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by "Klevenz, Stephan" <st...@sap.com> on 2010/06/22 13:47:36 UTC

Chemistry - Default Store for OpenCMIS

Hi all,

After getting now more practice and experience with using the OpenCMIS library for application development I would like to say that the existence of the InMemory store is a benefit. InMemory enables to use OpenCMIS immediately without having high effort in installation or depending on decisions which concrete store to be used for an application finally. The hurdle to use OpenCMIS is very low. InMemory supports perfectly Maven and JUnit based development and we are using it for application development scenarios.

Unfortunately there are limitations with InMemory if development scenario becomes more complex. In complex scenarios for example a centralized and reliable store is required and the purpose is not only development but also to have something like a reference store for applications that make use of OpenCMIS library.

The basic idea is to support  a standard store for OpenCMIS within the Chemistry project. We did not think too much about how to get it or have a concrete implementation in mind. It's more about your opinion about having a standard store within Chemistry.

Are you interested in follow up this discussion?

Regards,
Stephan

Stephan Klevenz
Development Architect
TD Core UI Infr (AG)
ECM-I
SAP AG
Dietmar-Hopp-Allee 16
69190 Walldorf, Germany
T +49 6227 7-65878
F +49 6227 78-36242
M +49 160 90432408
E stephan.klevenz@sap.com<ma...@sap.com>
www.sap.com

Pflichtangaben/Mandatory Disclosure Statements: http://www.sap.com/company/legal/impressum.epx

Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse oder sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, ist Ihnen eine Kenntnisnahme des Inhalts, eine Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrücklich untersagt. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie uns und vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen Dank.

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying, or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.

RE: Chemistry - Default Store for OpenCMIS

Posted by "Klevenz, Stephan" <st...@sap.com>.
Thanks for your answer, Florent.

Well, more and more existing stores providing support for CMIS or at least vendors have claimed to support it. With that the "CMIS free zone" is shrinking and reduces the need for having a default store.

>From that point of view I would say that your option 3 can handle remaining cases and I would like to prefer it, too. That brings me back to InMemory and FS store. It is more realistic to implement missing features of this stores to close the gap.

Regards,
Stephan

Posted by Florent Guillaume <fg...@nuxeo.com>.