Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> on 2009/11/24 20:11:50 UTC

Cryptography notice in README

Hey,

Why do we have a cryptography notice in README?

It seems that NOTICE would be a much more logical choice for this information.

Does anyone have any objections to me moving it?

Thanks,

Noah

Re: Cryptography notice in README

Posted by Damien Katz <da...@apache.org>.
I think I did that, and I think I did it that way because some other
Apache project did it that way.

-Damien

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFx2TmQfM-o

Re: Cryptography notice in README

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Why do we have a cryptography notice in README?
>
> It seems that NOTICE would be a much more logical choice for this information.
>
> Does anyone have any objections to me moving it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Noah

http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html

"Should the software qualify for the TSU exception, the notice below
should be placed into each distribution's README file."

HTH,
Paul Davis