Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Ian Holsman <kr...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/30 00:26:20 UTC

SolrInfoMBean question

real newbie question.. but these stats you collect via SolrInfoMBean
visible to JMX are they?
if you could give me a hint on how to do this I'll if I can get it done.

regards
Ian.

--
Ian@Holsman.net -- blog: http://feh.holsman.net/ -- PH: ++61-3-9877-0909

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough. -
Mario Andretti

Re: SolrInfoMBean question

Posted by Trey Hyde <rh...@hydenetworks.com>.
Yonik Seeley wrote:

>On 3/29/06, Ian Holsman <kr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>real newbie question.. but these stats you collect via SolrInfoMBean
>>visible to JMX are they?
>>

>Nope... given the name, I think that was the original intent though.
>

>>if you could give me a hint on how to do this I'll if I can get it done.
>>

>I don't have JMX experience, but I'm not sure if JMX can deal with
>complex data types like the NamedList that is the result of asking for
>statistics.
>
>-Yonik

I'm far from an expert in the area but I don't believe so, that seems to
run contrary to the point of JMX.  The number of keys in that list is
fairly small though, isn't it? If so, it would be trivial to enumerate
all of those attributes into a proper MBean interface.

-Trey Hyde

Re: SolrInfoMBean question

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.