Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "muriel.klein@libertysurf.fr" <mu...@libertysurf.fr> on 2003/04/15 10:52:47 UTC

log4j-1.2.8 and jdk1.2.2

I am trying to use log4j1.2.8 with my jdk1.2.2.
I have a basic class which only configure the PropertyConfigurator:

public class test {
 public static  void main(String[] args) {
 	PropertyConfigurator.configure("log4j.properties");

}
}

I only have log4j.1.2.8.jar and my class test in my classpath, and I get a "current thread not owner" exception:

D:\Temp>java -Dlog4j.debug -classpath log4j-1.2.8.jar;. test
log4j: Trying to find [log4j.xml] using context classloader sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@9c953e6a.
log4j: Trying to find [log4j.xml] using sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@9c953e6
a class loader.
log4j: Trying to find [log4j.xml] using ClassLoader.getSystemResource().
log4j: Trying to find [log4j.properties] using context classloader sun.misc.Laun
cher$AppClassLoader@9c953e6a.
log4j: Using URL [file:/D:/Temp/log4j.properties] for automatic log4j configurat
ion.
log4j: Reading configuration from URL file:/D:/Temp/log4j.properties
log4j: Parsing for [root] with value=[, out].
log4j: Parsing appender named "out".
log4j: Parsing layout options for "out".
log4j: Setting property [conversionPattern] to [%d %-5p %C (%F:%L) - %m%n].
log4j: End of parsing for "out".
log4j: Parsed "out" options.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: current thread not owner
        at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:406)
        at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:432)
        at org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter.selectAndConfigure(OptionConverter.java:460)
        at org.apache.log4j.LogManager.<clinit>(LogManager.java:113)
        at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configure(PropertyConfigurator.java:315)
        at test.main(test.java:9)

I have the same result when using Logger.getLogger(...) method.
I read in the archives somebody else had the same trouble, but did not get any answer...
Is log4j-1.2.8 not compatible with jdk1.2.2 or did I miss something ?

Thanks for your answer,
Muriel

************ VITE, C'EST LE MOMENT DE VOUS ABONNER A L'ADSL !!! **********
Du 3 avril au 5 mai, série limitée ADSL 128K, cliquez vite ici : http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl/
Offre promotionnelle soumise à conditions, réservée aux nouveaux abonnés ADSL Tiscali.