Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by anup sinha <kr...@yahoo.co.in> on 2004/05/17 15:58:09 UTC

Need of WSDL in Axis1.1

Hi,
    I am using Axis1.1 for Web Servicise. I am using weblogic8.1 as server. I am having my .jws class in Axis and its working fine . I am not getting whats the need of WSDL and where i will save it ? And how i will invoke this WSDL in client side.For wsdl i am using Apache.org.java2wsdl command. Please help me

Anup

Re: How to unsubscribe?

Posted by "sreekantan, vijay" <vi...@yahoo.com>.
http://ws.apache.org/axis/mail.html

Follow the unsubscribe link.

Vijay

Jim Henderson <jg...@metafile.com> wrote:
This has been asked before, sorry to ask again.

How do I unsubscribe from this list (for a few weeks while I am side
tracked)?

I just don't see instructions in the main Axis site on how to unsubscribe.
I tried putting "unsubscribe" in the subject and it was rejected.

Thanks!

Announce: Using axis command line tools on wiki

Posted by Andrew Premdas <An...@man.ac.uk>.
This is pretty basic stuff, but I think it improves on the manual hopefully
helps a little. Would like

1. Comments
2. Somoene to do unix versions of the scripts

Perhaps in the medium term somoene could consider using this to improve the
main docs?

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AxisProjectPages/UsingCommandLi
neTools

All best

Andy

Andrew Premdas
Student Systems Developer
Manchester University

wsdl not showing correctly in IE6.0 from Axis 1.1

Posted by sm...@spansurf.com.
Hi Guys,

Has anybody come across the following problem.

I have a wsdl file which contains the German sharp S character. If I open the
wsdl directly with IE6.0 it displays correctly including all my German
characters. However, If I use the Axis 1.1 <service url>?wsdl option from IE6.0
it fails to display my entire wsdl file and IE6.0 reports an error at the line
and char possition that the German sharp S (unicode U+00df) appears

IE6.0 Error ***********************************************

<WSDL FILE DISPLAYED UPTO A BUFFER SIZE> .....

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then
click the Refresh button, or try again later.

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing
resource 'http://localhost:3080/onlineShop/services/onlineShopSoapPort?wsdl'.
Line 592, Position 33

     <enumeration value="Reisepa

Extract from wsdl file *************************************
.
.
.
<simpleType name="PassportTypeEnum">
 <restriction base="xsd:string">
  <enumeration value="" />
  <enumeration value="Personalausweis" />
  <enumeration value="Reisepaß" />
 </restriction>
</simpleType>
.
.
.

As can be seen the German sharp S in the word Reisepaß is causing this problem.

How does Axis present the wsdl to the browser differently than opening the file
directly?

N.B. I have tried the Axis generated wsdl and providing the deploy.wsdd with a
<wsdlFile>/onlineShop.wsdl</wsdlFile> element and placed the wsdl file in my
web application WEB-INF/classes directory

If anybody knows the solution to this I would be very greatful to receive an
answer.

Re: Need of WSDL in Axis1.1

Posted by anup sinha <kr...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi tom,
      Thanx for ur mail. I agree with that "what you are saying". WSDL file is required when client programe need to invoke Web Services. (To get methods and theris parameters). As you wrote,   http://foo.com/myservice.jws?wsdl this is the way to get WSDL file on the client side and further wsing this WSDL we can genrate STUB and SKELTEN by using WSDL2JAVA command.
       But I am not understanding, is this if the above command is working fine to get WSDL , then what the need to create seprate .WSDL file using command( like  http://foo.com/myservice.wsdl) and anotherthing where should i store this .wsdl file. (On server side)

Thanks
Anup Kumar

Re: Need of WSDL in Axis1.1

Posted by Tom Oinn <tm...@ebi.ac.uk>.