Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/01 21:53:37 UTC

Re: Padding of CHAR(n) columns with trailing spaces

In general the contents of the entity should match what we get back from the
JDBC driver. I don't think OpenJPA intentionally pads or trims the contents
of a String (although you're seeing otherwise).

That said, DB2 does not differentiate between 'abc' and 'abc   '. So
something like this will work :
INSERT INTO s (name) VALUES ('abc   ')
SELECT * FROM s WHERE name = 'abc'  // returns the row you just inserted.

hth
-mike