Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Martin Neumann <mn...@spotify.com> on 2014/08/27 13:06:24 UTC

switching to flink 0.7

Hej,

I'm trying to switch from flink 0.6 to flink 0.7 and I'm running some
trouble.
The functions such as FlatMap seemed to have moved and I cant find the
correct place.

how do I have to change the following line to get it to work (this worked
in 0.6)
*import org.apache.flink.api.java.functions.FlatMapFunction;*

Also (just as a side note) I saw that the package naming for maven has
changed:
*0.6-incubating-hadoop2-SNAPSHOT* ->
*0.7-hadoop2-incubating-hadoop2-SNAPSHOT*
Was that intentional? It would be easier to work with if this is kept
consistent from one version to the next.

cheers Martin

Re: switching to flink 0.7

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@apache.org>.
We decided to do many API changes with the first incubator release to
reduce the number of changes in future releases.
Some of the changes were done to enable support for Java 8 Lambda functions.

That meant of course breaking the code of our early adopters. Sorry for
that!

Fabian

Re: switching to flink 0.7

Posted by Martin Neumann <mn...@spotify.com>.