Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Anand Vemulapati <ve...@hotmail.com> on 2014/06/12 07:56:50 UTC

Writing to Repository connection

Hi,
Is it possible to have create, update, delete operations on a repository connection with ManifoldCF? In addition to retrieving documents from the repository for indexing purposes, I would like to be able to update documents or metadata, delete documents and import/ingest new documents into the repository. How to do this for FileSystemConnector for example?
Thanks & Regards,Anand V

Re: Writing to Repository connection

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anand,

First, you should subscribe to this list before posting again.  I had to
moderate your post through.

As a matter of current policy, ManifoldCF does not update the source
repository as part of its crawling process.  Most of our clients would view
that capability as a grave security problem, in fact.  We've yet to hear of
a good technical case for doing this, either.

If you believe that you need to do this, you can always develop an output
connector that will write whatever information you need back to the
repository.  Support for multiple output connectors is under development
(see CONNECTORS-962) so this does not need to adversely affect any other
aspect of ManifoldCF.

Karl