Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Felix Garcia Romero <fe...@tdi.tudistrito.es> on 2001/05/25 09:23:35 UTC

NodeList to String

How can I pass a NodeList to String, in the samples the code to generate the
result to console output is:

  NodeList nl=......
  int n=nl.getLength();
  for (int i=0;i<n ; i++)
  {
   serializer.transform(new DOMSource(nl.item(i)), new
StreamResult(System.out));

  }

How can I do to set the result in a String instead of System.out.

Thanks in advance

Re: NodeList to String

Posted by Edward Nesterov <ed...@quadrix.com>.
Hi,
Try this:

StringWriter sw = new StringWriter();
serializer.transform(new DOMSource(nl.item(i)), new StreamResult(sw));
String result = sw.toString();

Good luck.