Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Parashar, Hitesh" <Hi...@Avnet.com> on 2001/11/02 01:00:46 UTC

RE: Tomcat 4.0 and HTTP BASIC auth using LDAP (Netscape Directory Ser ver)

Hi:

I downloaded this module and built it using apxs as suggested. Then, I
generated the shared object mod_auth_ldap.so and put it in /libexec
directory. I modified httpd.conf to have the corresponding LoadModule and
AddModule directives as follows

LoadModule ldap_auth_module libexec/mod_auth_ldap.so
AddModule mod_auth_ldap.c

I get following error for apachectl configtest:

API module structure `ldap_auth_module` in file
/opt/apache/libexec/mod_auth_ldap.so is garbled - perhaps this is not an
Apache module DSO?

What am I missing here?

Next question (with the assumption that I am successful in loading this
module): This module requires us to specify the directories to be protected
with HTTP BASIC authentication. I have a constraint with JBoss 2.4.3 where I
need to package the JSP/HTML/gif resources in a jar and put into the deploy
directory. How can I protect a jar/war/ear with this module?

Regards,

Hitesh.