Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steven Pierce <pa...@speakeasy.net> on 2004/07/09 01:39:17 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] need port forwarding elaboration

Are you using a cable modem?? 99% of them are blocked for port 80.  So you should check with
your ISP and see if they are blocking port 80.  If you are using a cable modem, I would bet that
you are being blocked.  So you will need to have the people that come to your site
www.mycompany.com:8080 or :8088.  That might be blocked also.

Who is your ISP??