Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/21 19:36:24 UTC

convert a maven project and xslt:transform

Hello:
I have been using maven for few month. I use it through eclipse plugin
and only for getting the dependencies for the projects. Now I think I
need a little more of maven. I have a project that has an xslt
transformation. This project is NOT a maven project. I checked the
source out of svn and attempted to run the transformation. However, it
turned that xalan is not installed on this machine. I have not installed
a jar file since I started using maven. It does everything I need from
downloading the file to adding it to the classpath. I thought maven can
help here in getting the transformation done.
I googled http://mojo.codehaus.org/xslt-maven-plugin/transform-mojo.html
but no example. Can someone give the steps to run this transformation?
and possibly convert the project to maven?

I have checked this http://maven.apache.org/plugins/ and couldn't find
anything related to xslt.

Re: convert a maven project and xslt:transform

Posted by Arun Kumar <pg...@gmail.com>.
are you looking for something like this:  mvn exec:java
-Dexec.mainClass=org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process <params>?

if yes, then may be you can configure a mvn command in eclipse that will
execute the above to generate the xsl... sorry if i misunderstood.

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thank you Javier, but how do I perform the transformation ?
> or in other words, in order to execute a transformation using xalan, I need
> to do this:
> java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -xsl myxsl.xsl -in in.xml -out out.xml
>
> How do I get this done from maven ? I have figured it using
> xsl-maven-plugin, but  I am interested in knowing if  there's another way.
>
> Thank you.
>

> Javier Diaz wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> First step is to create a pom for your project. Then add xalan as a
>> dependency, for example:
>>
>>       <dependency>
>>           <groupId>xalan</groupId>
>>           <artifactId>xalan</artifactId>
>>           <version>2.7.0</version>
>>           <scope>compile</scope>
>>       </dependency>
>>
>> And that should be enough.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Javier
>>
>> Mansour wrote:
>>
>>> Hello:
>>> I have been using maven for few month. I use it through eclipse plugin
>>> and only for getting the dependencies for the projects. Now I think I need a
>>> little more of maven. I have a project that has an xslt transformation. This
>>> project is NOT a maven project. I checked the source out of svn and
>>> attempted to run the transformation. However, it turned that xalan is not
>>> installed on this machine. I have not installed a jar file since I started
>>> using maven. It does everything I need from downloading the file to adding
>>> it to the classpath. I thought maven can help here in getting the
>>> transformation done.
>>> I googled http://mojo.codehaus.org/xslt-maven-plugin/transform-mojo.htmlbut no example. Can someone give the steps to run this transformation? and
>>> possibly convert the project to maven?
>>>
>>> I have checked this http://maven.apache.org/plugins/ and couldn't find
>>> anything related to xslt.

cheers,

- a

Re: convert a maven project and xslt:transform

Posted by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Javier Diaz <jd...@communi.tv>.
Hi: