Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Vidyanand Murunikkara <Vi...@infravio.com> on 2002/11/19 21:52:43 UTC

Introduction

Hi All

Let me on the outset thank one and all for the vote of confidence and
the welcome aboard wishes.

For those who don't know me( which unfortunately is almost everyone) ,
my name is Vidyanand Murunnikara ( with a 15 letter middle name which I
prefer to omit :-) ). Vidya should be easier for all of you to use(
though that is a typical gal's name in India) . Presently I am working
for a startup in the bay area. I have been working with Axis for the
past one year and am greatly impressed at the thoughts that has gone
into this project.

Though I have worked with a lot of open source software, mostly apache,
I have never been involved in the development of one. So it is more
likely than not that I might end up doing something that is not exactly
right( though I assure you that I have read apache guidelines a good
enough times) So please feel free to correct me anytime you feel I am
doing something wrong. Any advice on the issues is mostly welcome.

My initial work in Axis would revolve around in making Axis use the
XmlSchema module ( in the proposals directory ). I would very much
appreciate any comments/design considerations on this. The one
suggestion that I have heard so far is from Tom - about integrating
SymbolTable with XmlSchema. The places I was thinking it would be
helpful is WSDL2Java and Java2WSDL. If someone can point me to as to a
good starting point for these two it would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to working with all of you and the good times Axis has
ahead of it :-)

Cheers
Vidyanand.