Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Satya Ratna <sa...@telecommand.com> on 2007/04/06 13:12:25 UTC

Non-compliant with JAVA 6.

Hi all,
Being a newbie, i have been assigned a project on CMS using Lenya.
I explored Lenya wiki, etc. to use it on MS-WIndows XP.
As Sun Microsystems released JAVA 6, I was using it.
I downloaded the Lenya 1.2.4(because later versions have some problems as
mentioned on site) and installed it.
But after creating something(don't forget I am a newbie), when I tried to
save it, it gave me error java.io.FileNotFoundException and lots of lines
after that.
I searched for the solution but all was in vain.
Finally, i trusted on my intution which suggested me to rollback to jdk1.4.
I followed my conscience and its working.
But I still believe that "Computers don't run on superstitions."

Can anyone suggest me how to proceed further (editing with kupu)?
Is there any website or pdf that will guide the newbies step by step.

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards:-
Satya Ratna

Re: Non-compliant with JAVA 6.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 16:42 +0530, Satya Ratna wrote:
> Hi all,
> Being a newbie, i have been assigned a project on CMS using Lenya.
> I explored Lenya wiki, etc. to use it on MS-WIndows XP.
> As Sun Microsystems released JAVA 6, I was using it.
> I downloaded the Lenya 1.2.4(because later versions have some problems as
> mentioned on site) and installed it.
> But after creating something(don't forget I am a newbie), when I tried to
> save it, it gave me error java.io.FileNotFoundException and lots of lines
> after that.

Can you open an issue and attach the stack trace to it. TIA.

I used 1.6 the other day on Forrest another cocoon based project and I
as well got errors. Trying to say that I am not sure whether cocoon is
1.6 compatible.

Need to test it.

salu2

Re: Non-compliant with JAVA 6.

Posted by Asrar Ulhasan <as...@gmail.com>.
U can see Lenya 1.2 official documentation  on followings url .

http://lenya.apache.org/docs/1_2_x/index.html

Regards
Asrar