Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by David Reid <dr...@jetnet.co.uk> on 2000/12/22 13:05:13 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/support ab.c

> wrowe       00/12/21 12:29:27
>
>   Modified:    support  ab.c
>   Log:
>     This program should run entirely without ap_config support from
>     Apache, given that it is apr'ized

If this is the case then why are they in the apache tree?  If they are
totally APR'ized and not using anything from Apache then maybe they should
be part of APR?  Not sure I like this change.

david

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/support ab.c

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
No, these are support programs for Apache.  They should definately not be
using anything from Apache, but they need to live with it.  In the past,
the only thing they used from Apache, was some of the cross-platform code,
that has now moved.

Ryan

On Fri, 22 Dec 2000, David Reid wrote:

> > wrowe       00/12/21 12:29:27
> >
> >   Modified:    support  ab.c
> >   Log:
> >     This program should run entirely without ap_config support from
> >     Apache, given that it is apr'ized
>
> If this is the case then why are they in the apache tree?  If they are
> totally APR'ized and not using anything from Apache then maybe they should
> be part of APR?  Not sure I like this change.
>
> david

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131