Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Liles, David - Kansas City, MO" <da...@kcc.usda.gov> on 2007/04/10 17:53:09 UTC

Tech support

I have a new server (Windows 2003 / IIS 6) and Tomcat 5.5. I have spent
the past three days trying to get IIS to forward java (.jsp and Struts
.do) requests to Tomcat with no success.

I am looking for someone who can remote in and configure the necessary
settings.

The configuration will need to be able to support multiple web site
entries. Each web site will be a unique Tomcat host entry.

Please contact me with questions and estimates.

Thank you
-David

Re: Tech support

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
config in each component in the manner described by Steve to re-iterate

Install JRE on a windows2003 box
Install Apache Tomcat (which runs on the JRE) on windows2003 box
Pay particular attention to installing ISAPI redirector as this will allow
IIS to handoff JSP/Servlet specific requests to Tomcat
Backup the registry before touching it
Edit the registry as instructed at
http://www.iis-resources.com/modules/AMS/article.php?storyid=485&page=3
pay particular attention to 64 bit binaries and registry settings you may
nned to config
Now you'll need to startup the processes so follow
http://www.iis-resources.com/modules/AMS/article.php?storyid=485&page=4
so the goal is to configure IIS6 to NOT to run in IIS5 Isolation Mode in
order to get it to work properly but to have Tomcat worker process execute
within IIS6
(IIS is now coming around to implement process execute security as with the
scenario that IIS wants this worker process to run and which authentication
do I use)
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/iis/6/all/proddocs/en-us/ca_aboutsrvrapps.mspx
Create the Tomcat Application Pool..remember IIS is in charge of handing out
system resources so be sure to config in PLENTY of apps for Tomcat will
handle
Create the Virtual Directory for Tomcat to run
Pay attention to requirements for locating any new Tomcat Application Pool
virtual folders to be same as parent (in other words unless told different
use the same virtual folder)
Create and enable the WebService redirector
Make suggested mods to workers2.properties for Tomcat examples
Execute sample code
http://localhost/jsp-examples

Comprends?
Martin--

Posted by Brantley Hobbs <sb...@uga.edu>.
David,

Re: Tech support

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Morning David-

Before proceeding any further The first thing I would do is print and read
this tutorial on installing IIS with Tomcat
http://www.iis-resources.com/modules/AMS/article.php?storyid=485
Feel free to Ping me offline or the list for any questions

Martin--